I’ve been coding since 1985 but up until 1990 I didn’t think of selling software because companies in Turkey didn’t know much about the opportunities of using a software.
My first computer programming experience was with Commodore 64 Basic. I branced out to Amiga machines and used Amiga Basic and Pascal. In 1990, while I was still studying at university, I began a part-time job as IT Manager (What can I say about title, I was the only person there knows about computersJ). The company called TETAM, that manufactures air condition canals. This was the first time for me to meet a PC. By the way, I programmed with Quick Basic there for two years. Here is my history;
1990 – 1992 TETAM, IT Dept.
* Inventory System with Quick Basic
* Proposal Follow Up System with Quick Basic
* Manufacturing Cost Follow Up System with Quick Basic
1992 – 1995 Freelance Programmer – Student
* Complete Rent-A-Car Management System with Turbo Pascal
* Inventory Management System with Turbo C
* Customer Management System For A Opel Repairing Service with Turbo C
1995 – Graduated from Middle East Technical University, Mathematics Dept., [url removed, login to view]
1995 – 1996 Neways Of Turkey, IT Manager
* Complete Inventory Management System with Delphi
* Complete Customer Management System with Delphi
1996 – 1999 Likom Software, Software Engineer – later Project Manager, [url removed, login to view]
* Maintenance of Likom Report Designer Tool for DOS with Turbo C
* Complete Installation Software for Likom Intro* Commercial Software with Turbo C
* Complete Electronic Scales Module For Likom Intro with Turbo C
* Complete Background Module for Win98 for Likom Intro with Assembler
* Complete Software Lock Mechanism for Likom Intro with Assembler – Turbo C
* Complete Customer/Seller Module for Likom Gusto** with Visual C++
* Complete Cheque/Receipt Management Module for Likom Gusto with Visual C++
* Maintenance of Administration Module for Likom Gusto with Visual C++
* Complete Lock Mechanism for Likom Gusto with Visual C++
* Complete Installation Software for Likom Gusto with Visual C++
* Likom Intro is a dos program written in Cobol, but it has modules like reporting written in C and for background operations (printing, queuing etc) written in Assembler. For 18 months, I worked for Intro.
** Likom Gusto is an ERP program written in Visual C++. For 2 years, I worked for Gusto as a programmer and lead programmer.
1999 – 2006 Hitit Software, SVT Info Technologies, Owner
In 1999, I establish my own company named Hitit Yazilim – Hitit Software. The company worked for only custom projects. Here are some of the major projects that Hitit completed;
* Inventory and workmanship Management System For a Chicken Farm, Visual C++, MS SQL 7.0
* A Ticket Selling and Advertising System For a movie theatre – Cinemagic, Ankara, Visual C++, MS SQL 7.0
* A Library & Document Management System for TCMA, [url removed, login to view] , Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL 6.5
* A Complete Manufacturing, Proposal, Workmanship & Inventory Management System For Gama ( [url removed, login to view] ), a very large steel construction in Turkey, in top 100 companies here, Visual C++, Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000. The project has been completed in 18 months.
* Manufacturing And Inventory Management System for YilWer ( [url removed, login to view] ), Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000
* Manufacturing, Inventory And Workmanship Management System for MTT ( [url removed, login to view] ), Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000
* Member and Fee Follow Up for Turkish Railways Workers’ Association, Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000
In 2004 we merge with SVT Info Technologies which has WEB and Hardware capabilities.
Also, I coded some software that are not custom, for direct selling. These are;
* Gaia Ticari (Gaia Commercial) – Contains Of Customer/Seller & Inventory Management, Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000
* Gaia Doktor (Gaia Doctor) – Consists Of Patient/Appointment Follow Up For Doctor Offices - Clinics, Visual Basic 6.0, MS Access 2000
* Gaia Pet (Gaia Pet) – Consists Of Pet/Appointment Follow Up For Veterinarian Clinics, Visual Basic 6.0, MS Access 2000
* Gaia Ciftci (Gaia Farmer) – Consist Of Forms/receipts and Reports for barley/wheat merchants, Visual Basic 6.0, MS SQL Server 2000
2006 – 2010 Dataport, Business Unit Manager - [url removed, login to view]
In 2006, I closed my company and started to work for Dataport as Business Unit Manager because of financial problems.
I managed and coded for;
* SMS Gateway, Teleport - A manager application for sending multiple SMS messages from WEB (C#, MS SQL 2005)
* Diaport - An application for serving all Turkish regulations for accountants and lawyers, day by day (C#, MS SQL 2005)
2010 - ... Multinet Kurumsal Hizmetler, Project Manager - [url removed, login to view]
Multinet is one of the biggest companies in Turkey. Now I'm managing and coding all of the web systems of Multinet.
* [url removed, login to view] - An online food ordering system (C#, MS SQL 2008)
* Multinet Hotel Checkout System (C#, MS SQL 2008)
* Multinet Vending Machines - Online Sales and Invoicing System (C#, MS SQL 2008)
* Multinet Call Center Application - Multinet is one of the biggest companies in Turkey, that has more than one million online transactions a day. The application is meeting all needs of the Customer Relationship Department, including CallCenter reports and customers' all data (transaction summaries, details, invoices, card operations, ticketing subsystem etc). - (C#, MS SQL 2008)
I believe coding is the easiest part of any software project. I know customer needs to see what he/she will get after coding. As a result I always give importance to analysis and design phases. Here are the phases ..
1. Analyze the situation, determine the needs of the customer.
2. Prepare an Analysis Report that describes the solution to the customer.
3. Design the database and draft forms. Designate the data flow.
4. Prepare a Report to discuss the design with customer.
5. Code the project
6. Test the project
7. Release the project
You'll see, you'll get what you want. Always.
What You See Is What You Get
Hoping to work with you