Fifteen years experience as an information technology professional with a focus on:
* Architecting, designing, and coding solid software solutions utilizing web technologies in particular DotNetNuke
* Utilizing internet-based technologies to integrate eCommerce applications with legacy and business partner systems.
* Specializing in rapid deployment of technology to facilitate eCommerce and B2B strategies.
Database Design and Development
* Architected and deployed data warehouses utilizing SQL Server 2000 to perform extraction of Oracle data for use in statistical analysis and reporting. Deployed Crystal Reports Server as reporting system.
* Architected, coded, and deployed a vehicle inventory integration system that extracted and aggregated vehicle inventory data from disparate sources. System supported 15 partners and over a 1,000 vehicles a day utilizing Visual Basic 6 and SQL Server 2000.
* Architected and coded next generation vehicle integration platform utilizing VB.NET, MSMQ, and a SQL Server 2000 backend.
* Developed VB application that extracted data from call accounting software and incorporated the data into CRM and accounting systems utilizing SQL 7.0.
* Converted Visual FoxPro application over to web application utilizing ASP and SQL Server.
* Designed and coded workflow applications utilizing Visual Basic and Outlook that facilitate the routing of faxed documents to appropriate processing teams.
Website systems architecture and design
* Designed and coded Icelandic dating portal on the DotNetNuke platform.
* Designed and coded Christian audio and video sharing portal based on the DotNetNuke Platform
* Designed and coded ASP.NET order capture and tracking system with email notification.
* Designed and coded work-flow and order tracking tool to facilitate vehicle delivery and fulfillment processes utilizing ASP.NET and Oracle.
* Architected and coded session-based security model utilizing ASP and SQL 7.0 and provided real-time viewing of online billing and statement data.
* Developed and coded web-based help-desk application and PC inventory tracking system utilizing ASP and Microsoft Access. Migrated application backend to SQL 7.0.
* Designed and built system to access and create Exchange Server data utilizing VB 6.0, CDO, COM, and MTS.
2004 to Present
* Architect, design, and code web and desktop software for clients all over the globe
* Leverage the DotNetNuke platform to quickly help businesse establish a web presence
2003 to 2004
* Architected, coded, and deployed internal and external web-based systems for this provider of IVR technology to the automotive industry.
* Designed and built a highly-interactive n-tier database-driven eCommerce website that sold telecommunication products to consumers. Website was built entirely on the .NET platform and SQL Server 2000.
* Rearchitected internal and external reporting infrastructures by leveraging SQL Server 2000 and DTS.
* Reengineered and rebuilt entire call accounting and lead delivery system.
* Monitored and maintained internal systems.
Systems Engineer / Cofounder
Round Rock, Texas
2003 to 2003
Architected, built and managed the hardware and software infrastructure for this Virtual Tour and Internet imaging company.
* Managed day to day technology issues and shape overall technology direction and focus.
* Designed and coded online order system and image delivery components.
Barstow Community College
2002 to 2002 (2 month contract)
Provided expertise in data mining and reporting and network infrastructure documentation and rearchitecture
for this two-year community college.
* Architected and deployed data warehouse utilizing SQL Server 2000 to perform extraction of data for use in statistical analysis, reporting, and for the campus website.
* Designed and deployed ASP pages utilizing VBScript to display courses and class schedule data dynamically.
* Documented and rearchitected network infrastructure including firewall, switches, routers, and security.
Integration Systems Manager
The Cobalt Group
2001 to 2002
Built the infrastructure that allows banks, rental car companies, and auto auctions to easily upload their vehicles to an internet-based eCommerce portal to offer them for sale to car dealerships.
* Architected and deployed the vehicle inventory integration system that supports 15 vehicle suppliers and over a 1,000 vehicles a day.
* Develop mission-critical operational workflow tools and reporting to support post-sales efforts and order tracking.
Contracted Business Systems Manager
2000 to 2001
Managed and developed business systems for this internet-based auto financing and mortgage lender.
* Managed auto loan underwriting system and infrastructure ensuring 100% uptime and optimumloan application throughput.
* Deployed new credit scoring rules to automate the auto loan approval process for transition to new primary auto loan provider.
* Developed workflow application based on Visual Basic and Outlook that facilitated the routing of faxed documents to the appropriate loan processing team.
Director of Infrastructure
(A division of Daimler-Chrysler)
Fort Worth, Texas
1999 to 2000
Managed network and systems infrastructure for this internet-based automobile financing startup.
* Directed seven-person group that managed internal network, desktop, and telecom infrastructures and co-located web-hosting facility.
* Planned network and systems infrastructure as part of a move to a new office. The move included relocating 100 desktops and 35 servers with 0% downtime.
* Conducted a Lotus Notes/Domino to Microsoft Outlook/Exchange migration to bring organization onto a unified messaging platform.
1998 to 1999
Managed network and systems infrastructure for this provider of telecommunication services.
* Led a three-person group that supported 50 desktops, 10 servers, and the accounting system.
* Developed a help-desk application, a CRM tool for the call center, and various human resource applications for the corporate intranet.
* Performed Windows NT 4.0 rollout to entire organization.
Technical Support Supervisor
The Texas Society of CPA's
1997 to 1998
Provided desktop support for this non-profit organization that represents professional CPAs.
* Supported network and systems infrastructure for over 100 desktops, 20 servers, and AS/400.
* Developed the corporate intranet, which included a help-desk application and computer asset tracking application.
* Supervised the efforts of other technicians.
Seals and Packings, Inc.
1996 to 1997
Managed network and systems infrastructure for this distributor of fluid power sealing products.
* Managed the Information Systems operations and infrastructure for the corporate office and two other locations.
* Delivered and install new desktop systems, servers, hardware, software, and to train end-users.
* Led effort to incorporate EDI technologies into order fulfillment infrastructures.
Chief Technical Consultant
On Your Level Technologies
1990 to 2000
Owned and operated this network infrastructure and software development consulting business.
* Setup networks for small businesses and audit existing network and telecom infrastructures.
* Diagnosed desktop hardware and software issues and purchase and setup of new desktop and server systems.
* Designed web sites and database applications for businesses.
Database: SQL Server 7.0-SQL Server 2000-DTS-Oracle-Sybase-Access-AS/400-Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/ME-Windows NT 4.0-Windows 2000-Windows XP-Redhat Linux-UNIX
Productivity: Outlook 98/2000-Office 97/2000/XP-Exchange-RightFax-Citrix Metaframe-Terminal Services
Networking: DNS-DHCP-TCP/IP-Wireless-Ethernet-Active Directory
Cisco PIX-Cisco Routers-Switches-CheckPoint