Hello. I'm looking to build a fairly simple gmail add-on or extension. This would work within Gmail.
- Mission: Help users quickly browse their inbox messages by sender so that they can archive, delete, or report spam.
- Solution: Create a shortcut to Search [in:inbox from:sender_name]
1. A users specifies a Sender to query
2. User sees a list of all messages from that Sender in the Inbox.
3. User can select All or Some messages in the list.
4. For selected messages, User can take action (Archive, Delete).
Out of Scope
- This should only work for the inbox
- No other actions should be included
For step 1 in the user experience, there are a few options for how this could be built. Let's choose one option to build. The easiest to build.
A. When user views an individual message, display an icon button near sender name. When User taps button, open the list.
B. Or, when User views add-on in the sidebar, show a list of Senders, sorted by Inbox count. List items are links. When user taps a Sender, the list opens.