DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
I have a Synergex application (contact manager with about 150 routines) running on UNIX that I want converted to run on a PC under Windows. It is now cell based DBL v. 4.4. Synergex is now on v. 8.1.7.
I think the conversion should be done in steps and bid appropriately to match those steps:
1. Convert to Windows XP Pro with program still running as cell-based
2. Add features per below description
3. Convert from cell-based environment to GUI environment using Synergex UI Toolkit
ADD FEATURES: During conversion, I want additional data fields or features added. In addition to what the program currently stores, I would like to store 2 more cell phone numbers, a fax number, one more work phone number, one more work phone extension number, and an email address for each client record.
Further, I want to lengthen the size of the client name field and client address field by 5 characters or so each. Also, I may want to use duplicate index keys and even have more than one index available. I also want to change the date (year) from two-digit to four-digit format.
I have all existing source code in Synergy/DBL v.4.4 available for conversion. The above steps may not be ordered correctly. I mainly want to get rid of my UNIX box and move to Windows XP Pro as soon as possible. The GUI look and added features could be done at the same time or at later times depending upon which is most cost effective. Cost is a high priority. This is a multi-user environment. I am not tied to Synergy but since all source code is already in Synergy, it may be the most cost effective way to approach. I would love to have this programmed in Visual Basic if that is multi-user capable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows XP Pro and Win98SE and Windows 2000. Multi-user environment.